Total Pageviews

Sunday 27 September 2020

Montage (or The History of Love as Philosophy)

Plato -
You shone like the sun
Over the cave of my being.
The moment I saw you,
I knew all the epics
About us
Revolting against Zeus.

Aristotle -
Contrary to everything;
You were, are and will be
All my causes.

Ibn Sina -
In the contingency of this world,
You and me ARE.
Our love,
The necessary logical proof:
God exists.

Al Ghazali -
You
Are all my knowledge.
I memorized you
Syllable by syllable.

Descartes -
Society,
The evil demon
Deceving us.

Kant -
I see Me
As you.
Both should be counted
Both are true.

Romanticism -
To touch your soul,
I smell grass
At 2 AM.

Marxism -
Lovers of the world,
Untie!
You have nothing.

Nietzsche -
We are and will
Recur eternally
Through every lover
And every lover
Through us.

Existentialism -
Lovers;
One should imagine them
Happy.

Wittgenstein -
You are all my poems
Written, unwritten.

Postmodernism -
A mood,
An incredulity
Towards love poems.

Post-postmodernism -
You and me
Raising a family of bastards.

No comments:

Post a Comment