Total Pageviews

Wednesday 16 September 2020

CIRCUMVENT

You run your fingers
Through my hair,
Like fatal thought 
Combing a suicidal mind.
One day I kissed you frantically
Raising a tooth-memorial
Over a blushing, soggy landscape.
The inevitability of music
When the bow touches the string:
A frisson running through the body,
Your touch,
Rain and blizzard hitting together
The glass of my being.
My poem, hanging hopefully
By the eave of your bosom
Over the peg of your heart.

Have I not lost everything?
I am balding and
Missing major molars.
The body slipping into mountains
Spreading silently,
Firm as a tree -
Ever increasing girth.
I have lost everything.
Everything you ever touched.
Except this poetry!

Maybe, I lost you
The day you were found.
And these have all been the attempts
To regain you, recover you
Line by line
Word by word.

No comments:

Post a Comment