Total Pageviews

Wednesday 24 March 2021

Some Ruminations upon the Phrase, I Love You

HUSSERL: (I) LOVE (YOU)
A touch kissing
A kiss talking
A talk touching
A touch touching
A now
A present
A feeling

HEIDEGGER: I-LOVE-YOU
Being-in-love
The fish in the water
The water in the water
The reason why
The blue veins
flowing over your breasts
are better than any blue sky

LEVINAS: I (LOVE) YOU
I, of the womb of your heart
You are not my mother
O! Mother
You give me an I
An eye, a face and a soul
Love - the first and
the only philosophy

DERRIDA: "I" "LOVE" "YOU"
"'I love you' is always a quotation"
is a quote from a novel,
narrated by an unnamed character
remembering the beloved,
a novel by Winterson.
A coat
of memory
wrapped around a tattered stick
of words, of emotions, of feelings -
Quote -
"I" is a quote
So is "You"
"Love", a quote within a quote 

No comments:

Post a Comment