Total Pageviews

Saturday 24 November 2018

A PHILOSOPHER SEES SRINAGAR THROUGH POETRY

THE AGE OF EUDAIMONIA
When the great ancient flood abated
Revealing symbolism behind metaphor
Satisar exposed her muddy ribs
My throbbing chest well kept
Inside a web of bridges
Running from heart to heart
They called me the 'City of Bridges'

THE AGE OF STOICISM
When the children cried for help
They fed them iron, bullets and fire
With bridges burned down
My heart gasped in smoke
Some left and endured
Some endured and left
They called me the 'City of Fire'

THE AGE OF HEDONISM
With wires growing out of my skin
Ugly malls mask my face
Copious cars crawl my plastic veins
Cement obscures my feeble heart
No one hears my frozen cries and whispers
Inside warm cafés throbbing with sound and junk
They call me the 'City of Cafés'

No comments:

Post a Comment