Total Pageviews

Sunday 20 May 2012

MY ALICE OF WONDERLAND


Before my Alice could wander
In the wonderland
Her White Rabbit was all red
With a clock
Still ticking to say
“Oh dear! Oh dear. . . Too early”

I am not her Carroll, but
She often asks me
“Where is my wonderland?”

“It is here.
One day you will find
the rabbit to it, darling”
I propose.

Yesterday she came
With a newspaper in her hand
Proclaiming
“I found the wonderland”
“I found it.”
“Where?”
“Here Papa.
This place has
Fallen like Humpty Dumpty
And I can hear everyday
Mad Hatter giving speeches,
While people sleep like Dormouse.
The caterpillar is engulfed
In the smoke
of its own Hookah.
Every now and then
When someone raises the pen
I can hear the call
“Off with his head!”
And
Beware the Jabberwock,
The jaws that bite,
the claws that catch!
And
Every time they catch
Every time they bite
I can hear
I can see
Cheshire Cat’s
Grin
 Flashing
Sometimes from the left
Sometimes from the right
Often in the center.”

This is wonderland
My Rabbit
I just realized it late.

No comments:

Post a Comment